- Want to come hear me read somethings?
Moby’s Coffee & Tea Company 5668 Cahuenga Blvd North Hollywood, CA 91601
Thursday Nights at Moby’s Coffee &Tea Company
Moby’s Coffee & Tea Company
5668 Cahuenga Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Sign Up – 8:00 pm
Start – 8:30 pm
Solo poetry/spoken word – 5 minutes or 3 poems
Fusion artists – 10 minutes
Cindy Weinstein (aka Feral Artist)
Reverend Dave Wheeler
Angel Uriel Perales
Margaret Elysia Garcia
Margaret writes poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction memoir.
Margaret was a Pushcart nominee in 2011 for a story from her memoir in progress. She was also a Glimmer Train finalist in 2011. In 2008 her manuscript 605 Freeway Stories won second place in the 34th Annual Chicano/Latino Literary Award in fiction given by the University of California, Irvine’s Spanish/Portuguese Department. Nearly all the stories from the collection can be seen in print and online individually. She’s presently searching for a publisher for the collection. Recent work can be found from the links on her blog at Tales of a Sierra Madre where you can follow her adventures.
She’s also staff writer for the parenting blog parentingsquad.com and has had her work featured on Lifetime’s The Balancing Act. When not mothering and writing, she’s also a Plumas Community Radio DJ where she hosts the alternative women’s music show Milkshake & Honey.
About the Author
Find Me On:
Recent Blog Posts
- April 26. Poetry Challenge. Interior Landscapes April 26, 2018
- April 18 Poetry Challenge The Daughter Land Map April 18, 2018
- April 17 Poetry Challenge Requiem for an Ending April 18, 2018
- April 12-14 Poetry Challenge (Notes from the Journal) April 16, 2018
- April 11 Poetry Challenge Daughter Land, Part 3 April 11, 2018
Artwork By:Sad Girls Artwork by Tess Emily Rodriguez: http://tessemilyart.tumblr.com/
- Website Design by Rockett Web Design: http://rockettwebdesign.com/